With high disposable income and changing lifestyle, most households are able to afford a car in India. It is no longer a luxury and helps increase one’s mobility. However, driving has its own perils. There is an increase in road accidents in India. These accidents are largely caused due to the traffic scenario in the country.
Hence, it is mandatory in India to purchase insurance for your car. There are various benefits of buying car insurance. It pays for damages to your car, damages caused to the third party, it pays for hospitalisation in case of an accident and compensates your family in case of your demise.
There are numerous insurance products available in the market. And, hence, it might be confusing for you to choose the right product.
So, we provide features and comparison of the top five car insurance companies in the country.
5 Best Car Insurance Companies to Consider for Your Car
#1. ICICI Lombard Car Insurance
ICICI Lombard is considered as a top-notch car insurer. Its comprehensive car insurance policy offerings prove that it deserves to be on the top spot. Here are some benefits:
- It provides repayment services in case of damage to the car due to natural and manmade
- It also offers an accidental damage facility for the co-passengers.
- Other features include immediate issuance, free servicing across 3500+ garage networks in the country and discount for a member of Automobile Association.
It also offers an online facility to purchase a policy and make premium payments. The call centre team is available 24*7 and assists customers in case of any issues.
To get a quick quote of your car insurance premium, you can simply make use of car insurance calculator and get one step closer towards making an informed decision.
#2. Bajaj Alliance Car Insurance
Ranked at number 2 position in India, Bajaj Alliance protects car owners in India and overseas. It offers free services at garages across 1500 locations and also provides a cover against any terrorist activity.
- It offers protection against natural disasters and man-made.
- In case of a car breakdown, policyholders get vehicle inspection and towing facility.
- It also protects policyholders from third-party.
#3. Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Bharti AXA is trusted by many customers in the country. It has a number of benefits like:
- Immediate roadside assistance in case of breakdowns, 100% repayment of the deprecated part during settlement, lost key assistance and payment of medical expenses of the co-passengers.
- If the car is stolen or is broken beyond repair, the insurance company offers 100% repayment of money.
- Policyholders can get cashless services from the network garages.
#4. Tata AIG Car Insurance
A preferred insurance provider in India, TATA AIG is acclaimed for the multiple policy features like a free pick up of the car and online claim and settlement in a week.
- It provides cover against partial or total loss in case of an accident, and there are many add-on covers like daily allowance, key replacement, reimbursement of depreciation, no claim bonus protection and return to invoice.
- It has a support team for your assistance at all times.
#5. Oriental Motor Insurance
Oriental Insurance is owned by the government and has a strong history.
- It offers excellent add-ons, has a high settlement ratio which has made it a favourite of car owners.
- It has a strong financial network and offers efficient customer support.
In case you intend to purchase a new car and would like to forget about the stress of paying significant expenses in case of an accident, you can choose from the above-mentioned insurance companies for your car insurance.
Your car insurance policy will act as an umbrella on rainy days and will protect you from any expenses or damage to your car. Additionally, you will be able to enjoy quick service at the network garages and avail special premium rates.
So, what are you waiting for? Make use of car insurance calculator, get an instant quote and purchase your car insurance policy online within few quick clicks.