You can use what you already have, say a backyard, as one of the 20 Ways to Make Money Online Working from Home Part Time. If you have a property outside the house, here are some top backyard ideas on a budget.
People all over are looking for ways to earn money from home. It’s way better than picking up some part time job where you have to work for someone else.
You don’t need to move much further than your own backyard to make money using these cheap backyard ideas.
Figuring out ways to monetize your existing assets is a great way to make money from home.
- Check Out These Profitable Backyard Business Ideas Offering Easy Ways to Make Extra Money
Check Out These Profitable Backyard Business Ideas Offering Easy Ways to Make Extra Money
#1. Make Your Backyard a Camping Site
One of the most profitable business ideas is to rent out something that you have to someone who needs it.
It’s a very good idea if your property is a rural one or some way out of the town.
In fact, it’s one of the best ideas for easy money making. There are many people in search of camping space. Just list your backyard as a free space. Campers who are interested will bring their gear, like tents.
All you will need is some space for pitching tents for easy money making. Also, a backyard camping site would be ideal if there is a lake close by or some other natural attractions.
Alternatively, you could consider providing a readymade camp for those interested, as part of your ideas for backyard. Offer access to cooking, toilets and other facilities and you have a winner on your hands.
How to make money in your backyard? You can advertise for free at Campinmygarden.com. While looking for ways to make extra cash, list the facilities that you can offer and the charges, and you’re good to go.
#2. Sell off the Trees – Backyard Money Making Ideas from Home
While looking for extra ways to make money, if you have a big yard with lots of trees, how about selling them to make money? One of my sisters living in the countryside actually made thousands of dollars with half the trees in the backyard.
Of course, the amount you get will probably depend on the kind of trees. For instance, if you have oak trees or maple trees, you could make more money. But before selling trees, consider the future value of the trees.
- You May Like – Top 12 Home Based Food Business Ideas with Low Investment
There are many lumber companies that you could contact. Some states have regulations about licensed buyers. Ask them to send someone to evaluate your yard and then consider the offer.
If you just want to sell a few trees, you could ask a sawmill owner to bring a portable equipment for taking down one or two trees.
- Firstly, know the species of the trees to find out whether it is valuable.
- Check the circumference and the height.
- Check out whether there are any blockages on the path, such as septic systems or power lines.
#3. Best Backyard Money Making Ideas: Raising Bees
- You could do this with a minimum knowledge of bees. It is a low investment business idea from your backyard. All you need is beehives, bees, some bee suits and some basic tools. You can easily get familiar with the basics of beekeeping. Check out whether there are any restrictions from your local Cooperative office. You can buy a hive for around $300. Just buy a single hive to begin with. Keep it in the corner of the backyard.
- Purchase all other necessary beekeeping equipment, such as protective gear.
- Order the bees from established apiaries, preferably during winter.
- You can use the honey at home or sell it at local stores.
- Make candles with beeswax. You can package these and sell them in local stores or to neighbors or friends
- Make lip balm with beeswax, put them in neat containers and sell them at local stores. These are some of the best things to make and sell for profit.
#4. Rent out Parking/Storage Space
Do some research to find out whether renting your backyard space for parking or for storage of boats or RVs is possible.
Many people are on the lookout for a place to put their stuff in and a nearby backyard could be the ideal solution. People living nearby will prefer it to placing their stuff in some faraway rental storage.
- Plumbers, woodcutters and other small businesses have plenty of tools and supplies and will prefer the cheaper option, as compared to expensive commercial storage spaces.
- Do some research to see if it is legal to rent out such spaces. Check out whether anyone else in the locality is renting out spaces. For instance, you could check it out in Craigslist or in a Penny Saver magazine to see ads for storage spaces.
- You can charge nominally to begin with, depending on the materials stored.
- You could also rent the space out for storing boats or RVs and charge an average of $50 per boat. You may have to spend on insurance, so that there is no liability for damages. Another alternative is to rent a yard for a wedding or rent a backyard for a party.
#5. Use Backyard for Gardening/Livestock
There are a host of other ideas related to gardening and livestock, for putting your backyard to good monetary use. For instance,
- How to make money from your backyard garden? Consider the best plants to grow and sell. Make money growing vegetables. Use home gardening for profit, by growing herbs, flowers and money plant for home use as well as sale.
- Buy products in an auction and sell them using your backyard.
- Livestock like chickens or ducks for horticultural business and backyard farming ideas.
- Open a restaurant in the backyard and sell the herbs and veggies grown, for small backyard ideas on a budget.
I’m sure there are plenty of other ideas for putting your backyard to good use for making money from home.
Can you make money gardening or with any of the above options? Sure you can. The trick is starting out small and learning how to operate any backyard business.
Whatever the route you take for making money from your backyard – whether you have a vegetable garden for profit or rent out the space, it is a kind of business and you are making profit it.
So you need to make your peace with taxation. Keep proper records and comply with the local regulations. Start small till you get a grasp of the business, so that it doesn’t overwhelm you.
Once you see how easy it is to make money from your backyard, you can expand the opportunity and learn new ways of making money as you go.
Have you made money from home using your backyard? If yes, do share your experiences and how you used your backyard.