Make Money Online with Google AdSense – The idea of earning money online has been fascinating internet users all over the world. But majority of them end up being victims of online frauds.
Here I introduce a genuine and rewarding way to earn money online. I am talking about Google Adsense here. Many of you might have heard about this. For the ones who are not aware let me start with a brief introduction.
Short Intro. about Google AdSense
Google Adsense is a contextual ad network which provides a free and easy way to earn money online for its users, by placing ads in their blogs, websites or YouTube channels. In short, Google Adsense helps you to monetize your content.
Ease of use, secured and assured payment makes Adsense one of the most popular online money making programs. After monetizing your content with Google Adsense, you can earn money on a per-click basis.
The more people reading your content, more the income you generate. Ads posted on your blog/website by Google would be relevant to your content. And this is why Adsense is known as a contextual ad network
Where do we Start?
Before going into more details, I would like to make something very clear. This is not an over a night money making scheme. It requires patience and commitment to earn good amount of money through Adsense. As we all know, “Content is the king”. Having great content in your blog or a viral video in your channel is the time you should opt for monetizing your content.
In case of a blog, at least 15-20 quality articles of 500-1000 words each should be there, before you plan for monetizing your content. So now we are ready with the content. Let’s see how to apply for an Adsense account.
Creating Google AdSense Account
Here I am going to teach you how to create an Google Adsense account in few simple steps. And remember you should be above 18 years of age to have an Adsense account.
- Go to Adsense homepage and signup for an Adsense account. Make sure you have a well maintained blog/website/YouTube channel before signing up for Adsense. You need not worry about the traffic to your content at the time of registration.
- The only criteria which Google has for accepting your application is quality content. Adsense will ask for a Google account during sign up. You can either create a new one or continue with your existing one.
It’s advisable to use domain specific email id while registering with Adsense as chances for approval by Google are more for those applications.
For example, if you have a blog named “crazyblogger.com”, then your mail id should be “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Next stage is where you provide details about your blog/website – your website address and your content language.
- Next one is the most important step. Here you are asked to select your account type – individual or business, enter payee name and contact address.
Make sure your “Payee name” and name in your bank account are exactly same. Your earnings will be transferred in the form of cheque or Electronic Fund Transfer under your payee name. Changing payee name later is difficult in India.
- Read through Adsense policies – like “I agree not to click on the ads posted on my website/blog”. This is one of the most important guideline to follow for an Adsense user, failure of which will lead to termination of account. Now you can submit your application for Google’s review
- It would take 2 days to 1 week for Google’s approval. During that time you can log in to your Adsense account and create Adsense codes. These are your ads. After creating, copy those into your blog/website. They will appear as blank till confirmation of your Adsense account.
Getting an approval from Google is not that easy. In case of rejection, Google will communicate to you citing the reason for rejection. Be patient, rectify your mistake and try again.
- In case of approval, ads will start appearing on your website/blog and you can start earning.
- Once your earning reaches 10$, you will get a PIN from Adsense by mail. Then in order to get paid from Adsense, go to payment settings and submit your Tax details (PAN number for Indian users and the PIN you got by mail.
That’s the end. Now you have completed all the steps.
Once your earning reaches 100$, Adsense would start sending you the money by cheque or by Electronic Fund Transfer, according to your choice.
Some Common Pitfalls While Using Google AdSense
1. The first and foremost thing that you should avoid while working with Adsense is making fake clicks. As a beginner with Adsense, you would have the tendency to ask your friends to click on your ads or you would click your ads. Remember, this is against the guidelines of Adsense. Such activities would lead to termination of your account.
2. You are not allowed to use Adsense ads on a site distributing copyrighted or illegal contents.
3. You are not allowed to use Adsense ads on blogs/websites containing languages not supported by Google to qualify for Adsense program. You should be careful about this, while planning to make your blog multilingual.
4. Adsense has a limit for the maximum number of ads in a page. Adsense users are not advised to exceed that. This is explained in detail in next section.
5. Mailing Adsense ads is against its policies.
6. You are not allowed to make any changes in the Adsense code.
Types of ads Offered by Google AdSense
- Adsense content unit: Maximum three of these can be placed in a page
- Adsense link unit: Three link units are allowed in a page
- Adsense for search: Two Adsense for search units are allowed on a page.
- So in total 8 ads can be added in a page.
- To have more than 8 ads on your page, you should opt for a premium account
Now I guess you got a fair idea about Google Adsense and its working. So, all the bloggers out there and all the wannabe bloggers, this is what you were looking for.
You all might have heard the famous line from ‘The Dark Knight’ – “If you are good at something, never do it for free”. So start creating some amazing content and make some real money with Google AdSense.
We hope you found this article useful and informative as always. Do leave your valuable comments below and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.