Are you unhappy with your current two wheeler insurance plan? Do you feel you pay too much for an insufficient cover? Is your insurance provider uncooperative? If you have been facing such issues, you must consider changing your bike insurance online.
The perfect time for making a switch is at the time of your two wheeler insurance renewal. And there are many other options to choose from.
Changing Your Two Wheeler Insurance Online
There are few things you need to be careful about when you look to change your two wheeler insurance online. Listed below are the steps and guidelines that you need to follow to ensure you have the best bike insurance coverage at all times:
- Always compare: It is mandatory for you to compare your bike insurance online before you make a purchase. Do not blindly pick up the first policy that you come across. Only after you compare do you find the best deals at the best rates.
- Analyze your own requirements: You won’t be able to find an appropriate cover for your bike unless you know what exactly you need. Go over your own requirements and see what type of cover you need. If your bike is old and you are planning to replace it in a few years, a third party insurance cover may be enough. If it is new and expensive, you need a comprehensive plan.
- Make a budget: It is crucial for you to find a plan that suits your budget. If the premium of the two wheeler insurance online plan is too high, it may become a financial liability. Look within your budget and find a plan that’s wide-ranging yet affordable.
- Pay online: In today’s digital age, it is beneficial for you to buy bike insurance online. You get many advantages when you do so. First and foremost, the online plans are cheaper. Then, there is no broker so you get to make an independent and unbiased selection. And last but not the least, the online insurance covers can be bought instantly. This makes it quick and easy for you to get two wheeler insurance online.
- Look for the best riders: Riders are add-on covers that you can use to make your bike’s insurance plan more personalized. Riders are available at an extra cost, but they offer extra protection too. However, you need to choose the riders carefully. Look for the suitable riders that you need. Making extra, unnecessary purchases will only push up your bike insurance costs and won’t fetch you the desired results.
- Calculate your discounts: If you did not make a single claim in the last policy year, your insurance provider will offer you a No Claim Bonus. This will reduce your premium. Your No Claim Bonus will stay active even if you switch insurance providers.
- Adjust your deductible: If you feel your current deductible is too low, change it when you change your two-wheeler insurance plan. Ask your insurer to increase the deductible and lower the premium. This will make the bike insurance cover more economical for you. However, this might compromise your claim amount. Therefore, weigh the pros and cons before choosing a voluntary deductible over and above the compulsory deductible.
The Bottom Line
Whether you choose a third party insurance plan or a comprehensive plan, ensure to choose it from an insurer that is good at claim settlement. Check online reviews and speak to friends and family regarding the insurer’s customer-friendly approach before purchasing the policy.
Keep the tips mentioned above in mind and change your bike insurance plan if there is a need to do so. You will then surely have an appropriate cover at a great cost.