How to Create Backlinks for Better Page Ranking.
This article is dedicated to all those who are wondering about how to get enough traffic for your website or blog. The first thing is always having high quality content in your website or blog.
But is that all? No, making the content SEO optimised is also critical for attracting viewers for your website or blog. Here I am going to introduce a very important concept required for Search Engine Optimization and that’s Backlinks.
A link is something which connects two WebPages. Links can be internal (between different WebPages in a single website) or external (between WebPages in different websites).
Here we are talking about external links. Among external links, there are two types –
- Outbound Links
- Inbound Links
Outbound links are the links in your site which could take a reader to other sites. But our point of discussion here are the inbound links – the links which direct readers from other sites to ours –
- Also called Backlinks
- Also Read – Top 50+ Blogging Tools Bloggers Can Use For 2016 (Expert Guide)
Usage of Backlinks is mostly overlooked by website owners while promoting their website. But according to SEO experts, having quality Back links account for about 80% of your chances for having a –
- Good Search Engine Ranking
So let us understand why your webpage needs Backlinks for better page ranking and what methods can be used to create high quality Backlinks in the coming paragraphs.
Backlinks are one of the effective ways for you to spread word about your website and its content. We all know marketing your content is as important as having quality content.
Backlinks are similar to recommendations in real life. Better the services you provide, more the recommendations you get.
In a similar way, search engines judge the quality of your website based on the number of relevant Back links you have.
And they would reward websites with good number of high quality and relevant Backlinks with higher search engine rankings.
- In short your webpage needs Backlinks for better page ranking.
In the past, no matter what kind of Backlinks you have, the number of Backlinks was the criteria which decided your search engine ranking. But things changed with the introduction of Search Engine Algorithm updates of Google.
Google now encourages only genuine and relevant Backlinks. Quality of your Backlinks is more important than the quantity you have.
It is always good to use white hat SEO techniques. Your website can even get banned if you are using black hat SEO techniques like selling and purchasing of Backlinks, making use of link farms etc.
The most important precaution to be taken while building Backlinks is that the links should be relevant. For example, a gadget review site back linking to an online site selling the gadget is a relevant Backlink.
Search engine algorithms treat different Backlinks differently. Having a single Backlink from a trusted and relevant website with a much higher page rank may be equal to a 100 random Backlinks.
So always try to get quality Backlinks to boost your page ranking. Your webpage needs Backlinks for better page ranking.
Now we know having a website alone is not enough, your webpage needs Backlinks for better page ranking. And also these Backlinks should come from quality sites relevant to the content in your website or blog.
So let’s discuss some commonly used tactics to create quality Backlinks for your website.
- Guest Posting is a commonly used method by bloggers to earn Backlinks. Here you are writing articles in a blog not owned by you (preferably a blog with more exposure and traffic).
The quality of your guest posts would attract readers for your blog too. You can even post links of related articles (written in your blog) along with guest posts.
The key here is to identify websites with good traffic working in your niche and are accepting guest contributions.
- Having a good Social Media Presence can boost your Backlinks. You can target commonly used social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google Plus etc for this purpose.
You can start a fan page for your website or blog and start posting links to articles in your blog to obtain a good amount of Backlinks.
- You can promote your blog in Discussion Forums related to your niche for Backlink building.
- Using Infographics is an effective idea to get more Backlinks. Infographics being visual representations of your content are easily accepted by other websites.
You can ask them to publish your infographics along with a link to your website. Infographics can also be promoted in various social media sites.
Pinterest is an excellent platform to promote your infographics. A good looking infographic with well researched data only could get the attention of readers.
- Start Blog Commenting in ‘do follow’ blogs relevant to your website or blog. ‘Do follow’ blogs are those blogs which would help in increasing your search engine ranking.
There are blogs which highlight their top commentators in the comment sections. Becoming top commentators in such blogs could substantially increase your chance to get a good amount of Backlinks.
- Reciprocal Linking can be used for building Backlinks. But I won’t prefer this technique as one has to be extremely careful regarding this.
- Making use of Blog Aggregators is a relatively less known technique to build Backlinks. Blog aggregators are special sites that list high quality blogs in different niches.
Once they approve your request you can get a ‘do follow’ link to your blog on their site free of cost. You can also submit your blog to various blog directories.
- You can also make use of the Backlink Builder Tool called Webconfs
Using the tool you can search for related websites which would post your links on them. In this way you can –
- Generate high quality and relevant Backlinks
- Most importantly have some great content in your blog or website. This could work wonders for you in getting inbound links to your blog or website.
So finally, for sure your webpage needs Backlinks for better page ranking. But make sure you stress on quality than quantity while building Backlinks for your website or blog.
Other Posts That May Interest You!
We hope you found this article on backlinks for better page ranking useful and informative as always. Do leave your valuable comments below and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.
Go Start Your Own Blog Now.